Neurosurgeons Couldn’t Free me From Being on Disability. Could Chiropractic? – Patty D.
“At that point, I was scared and desperate enough to call and make an appointment with Dr. James”
The first time I met Dr. James, he was speaking to a pain support group I was going to. I was impressed by his intensity and could tell he really believed in what he was doing. I was also intrigued by the concept of a Wellness Doctor. Dr. James told me that if I wanted it bad enough, I could get off disability and go back into the workforce.
At the time, I was suffering from severe chronic neck and back pain, uncontrolled asthma, and one infection after another, to name just a few. Although I liked what Dr. James was saying, being an RN, I was rather skeptical. Also, the neurosurgeon had told me absolutely do NOT go to a chiropractor-they would tear up everything the surgeons had done.
I could do almost nothing and was nearly wheelchair bound. Between pain and shortness of breath, activity was severely limited. I ate nothing but grilled cheese or peanut butter sandwiches because I could not stand long enough to cook. A shower would wipe me out for hours or even the rest of the day. Church has always been a refuge for me but I felt so bad I had nearly stopped attending, something that had never happened to me before. I was in a deep depression and I knew something had to change.
Before I started seeing Dr. James, I had had multiple surgeries and was on 21+ medications. I had been on long acting morphine but had recently quit taking it because it no longer helped and I did not want to increase the dosage. The neurosurgeon told me that I had formed a wad of scar tissue at the site of my low back surgery and if he tried to do anything else, there was high likelihood of causing paralysis. He said he would not touch me again unless I lost the use of my right leg. At that point I was scared enough and desperate enough to call and make an appointment with Dr. James for an evaluation.
Initially I wrote this testimony not even two weeks into treatment. single full blown attack since that day.
I now want to take the opportunity to let you know what has been happening since that day. I have been being treated about 5 weeks. When I decide to do something I go all out, so I have been doing all the exercises, nutrition principles that Dr. James and his staff teach.
Here are a few differences I see in myself.
- My asthma is in better control than any time in the last 7 months.
- weaned off more than half of my prescribed medications.
- more flexible than I have been in the last three years since I got hurt.
- have not used a cane in nearly three weeks.
- can walk about a half mile now, instead of 40 feet and have not had extreme pain or shortness of breath.
- have more energy than I have had in years. The best part about it is that I can keep up with and play with my 16 month old grandson.
- A skin rash which appeared on my arms months ago and that doctors were unable to even diagnose has gradually started to disappear.
- My mood has improved dramatically.
- Following the nutritional guidelines Dr. James gave me, I am eating more yet losing weight. For the first time in my life I am eating a really healthy diet.
- I am even beginning to believe I can go back to work.
I am not pain free by any means and yes, sometimes the adjustments hurt, however, I no longer allow the pain to control my life.God answered my prayers in an unexpected way through meeting Dr. James.
As I said, I have only been in treatment about 5 weeks. For the first time in over 30 years, I really believe that I can get well. Thank you Dr. James and Staff. - Patty D.